Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Dear Elder care package

Dear Mom, Thanks again for all the food. Yeah that expensive DearElder care package was awesome! It had tortilla chips with a can of nacho cheese. It was way good. A lot of the other elders were jealous and they ate a lot of it. But I have way too much food. I don't have time to eat it. Im goin to have to leave some behind or something. We will see how much I can pack in my suitcases. Yeah there is a scale like in the janitor closet right by my room that everyone uses to weigh there stuff. Another district in our zone left today. Now Im the oldest district! crazy! Its been goin by pretty fast. Only 3 more weeks till the Philippines!! On wednesday my district is going to host the new missionaries comin in that goin to be cool.
Yeah your calling is crazy. But pretty awesome.
Haha. He's playin Mafia wars! Haha. That is crazy. I wasn't even that big into it before I came here. I didn't even play it much at all in college. BYU-Idaho is awesome. I can't wait to go back. Im think if I want a nicer apt. Can I get a better apt since I am on a scholarship? :)
You don't know about the district and zone stuff? Well a district is pretty much a class. Its like 8-11 in a classroom and that is the district. There is 11 in my district 8 elders and 3 sisters. And then there is like 4-6 districts in a zone. Its awesome. The zone is also called a branch because we all go to sacrament meeting together. My zone is awesome! And I have already told you my district is sweet! and we are now the oldest district in the zone. So too of the elders in my district are now the zone leaders. Elder Farnsworth and Elder Lau. Totally awesome guys. Seriously the coolest people ever. Lau is Chinese from Vancouver Canada and Farnsworth is from Utah. Oh and two elders in my district just found out that I'm writing to my mom, Elder Bellnap from Wyoming and Elder Villareal from Florida, and they both say "hi".
Yeah dad loaned your car. Remember we saw it in the church parking lot with a dent in the front corner. Does dad know whats going on with your car?
Yeah I'm using Q and Lu's thank you cards. Thanks for sending all those pictures. They're great. Quincy looks so different. It's crazy. He's awesome though. I miss Q ballito.
Yeah I think Laker t-shirts would be better than hats. Thanks for all the basketball stuff by the way. I hope my companions like basketball. :) (we were told that it's nice to bring native companions something from home and since basketball is big there, we thought Laker's stuff would be good)
Yeah I have to prepare a talk every week in Tagalog. Its not too bad though. Only 3-5 min and I can use a scripture in English. I haven't given one yet so I still need to prepare a talk every sunday. Tagalog is comin along pretty good. Except its so hard t teach, especially because you're supposed to teach to the needs of the investigator and apply it to them. And I don't know how to do that in Tagalog.
Now I don't have any electronics except for my camera. I have been takin a few pictures, not a lot because i am a boy, but i have some.
I love you mom. Don't worry about me. :) I miss you. I'll be back home in no time. And I will tell you about everything during my mission. Oh my companion says hi also and he would like some original and teryaki flavored beef jerkey.
I love you too mom. Miss you. Thanks for everything. You are the best mom. Pinakamabuti ka. Mahal kita. Elder Pennock

No comments:

Post a Comment