Monday, June 14, 2010

Week of June 6th

On Monday, p-day, we played volleyball close to a member's house. It was awesome. We played for like an hour and a half, 5:30-7. Kahit walang light after 6:30.
After district meeting on Tuesday one of the zone leaders, Elder Alger from Gilbert AZ, went to work with us in Bani. That was way tight too. He is an awesome guy. He was trainer for Elder Alms (an elder in my district from the mtc).
I got glasses now cuz my contacts were killin my eyes cuz of the smoke and dust and everything here. And they gave me some reading glasses for free. So I gave the reading glasses to Batas Ramos, our drunk investigator friend. He was way happy and said he would read the Book of Mormon. I sure hope he does. That will help his life so much, way better than hangin out with his other barcada friends or drinking and smoking.
Also this week was the dedication of the of the new temple in Cebu City, Philippines! So, on Saturday before the actual dedication, there was a cultural event where a ton of the youth of the church down in southern Philippines did cultural dances. It was cool, especially when they did some swing dancing that they got from WWII from the US military. Then on Sunday was the dedication of the Cebu City temple as a House of the Lord. All of us missionaries went to 2 dedication sessions, at noon and 3. It was awesome to hear our leaders speak, especially the prophet. I liked the prophet's talk. He is a regular guy and he was tellin about his life and funny stories and stuff.
Oh and also this week we went to a funeral service for the part member's family, 3 nights in a row now - fri, sat, sun. The people are awesome. There is this one girl like 6 or somethin. She is so cool and funny. She talks to me a ton (and I can actually understand everything she says which is pretty cool) and calls me and my comp, kuya (which means older brother).
Iyan lang para sa linggo na ito. Mahal ko kayong lahat. Ingat. Elder Pennock

1 comment:

  1. Hi ZAk, You write the best letters. What great experiences you are having, sounds like you are getting the lanuage down, how cool is that. Loved all the pictures. Thank You for keeping in touch. We Love you,

    ReplyDelete