Monday, June 21, 2010

Week of June 14th

On Tuesday we had district meeting in our own chapel in Bani so that was cool. And after that we went to the Prima Vista Restaurant for an Elder in our district's b-day, Elder Berueta. So that was way awesome. Oh our fridge broke so we didn't have a fridge for a few days. We gave our meat that had to be frozen to the couple missionaries and put the rest of the food in the freezer cuz the freezer was like a fridge. Oh and also one day we didn't have any water! Like a little bit from the outside faucets, so we kept filling buckets from that to use. It's great. But we got water now. That was only for like a day and a half.
We had a funeral service for a part member family who's mom had dies. I spoke at it, about families and what happens after this life. It was a lot of people, I was more nervous there than when I speak in church. Even though it was nearly the same amount. My tagalog is still bad. Then two days after that we had the burial, except it's not really a burial, cuz they don't bury it, they just put the casket in a cement box and close it up. But it's still above the ground. We walked behind the hearse from the catholic church to the cemetery (White Hills, cuz the hills are covered with white cement boxes).
My eyelid is swollen for some reason. It's not so bad now. But one night it was big and hurting, and I thought it would be better in the morning but it wasn't. So I texted the mission presidents wife, Sis. Aquino, and she told me to put cold compress on it and take ibuprofen. So yep. I am grateful for her and hopefully it goes away soon.
This Sunday 3 of our drinking investigators went to church, Billy, Batas, and Roel. It was awesome to see them. And after church 3 youth worked with us, Joshua, Jane, and Evalyn. That was fun. It was raining in the afternoon pretty good. Joshua is a knucklehead, really funny. So that was my week. Pretty crazy and exciting. E. Pennock

No comments:

Post a Comment