Monday, April 26, 2010

Heavenly Father knows YOU!

I want to tell you about the best experience I've had on my mission, maybe my life. On p-day a couple of weeks ago, me and my comp were emailing and some really obnoxious, annoying teenage boys were playing some dumb video games and yelling and cursing at it. Both me and my comp felt the spirit leave. We both realized we really love the spirit and really love the things of the Lord, like the scriptures and the spirit and not stupid video games. So, when we got to our house and got ready to start daily planning for the next day I chose a hymn to sing, the opening song, Joseph Smith's First Prayer. It was in tagalog of course. And that invited the spirit which we really wanted to feel and have again. So then I gave the opening prayer to further invite the spirit and as soon as I addressed our Heavenly Father (Ama po namin sa langit), I was filled, over come with the love of our Heavenly Father and the spirit. And I immediately started crying, bawling even, right after I said his name. And I cried through out my prayer. I was fully overwhelmed by the love of God. I know he loves us, each and everyone of us, and he knows us and what we are going through. I felt his love and it was like he was there around me embracing me. I cried like I never had before. And after the prayer my comp gave me a big hug and said he feels the spirit. That was the greatest experience I have had and I'm glad I had it early in my mission.
I got transferred to a new area. Way up at the top, closer to the equator! But it's way sweet. My new area is Bani But I live in Alaminos with two other elders. My new comp is Elder Westwood from Utah. He is awesome. And we live with Elder Muliain, a Samoan from Australia and his comp Elder Gerbolingo, who's Filipino. All 3 of these elders are so tight. It was fun to be with other elders. It was so boring before. :) Our house is good too. We got one room with air conditioning so we do pretty much everything in there. =) Eat, study, sleep. It's awesome! Oh and it's way cool I am up here in Alaminos with Sis. Anderson who was in my district in the MTC. So it's sweet to see her again. My area is cool. We have to travel to it everyday though, but it's not to far. Our branch in Bani is way cool. Much bigger than in San Marcelino. And the church building is huge, 2 stories. And it's cool to live in Alaminos cuz it's a pretty big city and it has everything - mall, McDonald's, supermarket and stuff. And the couple missionaries up here are way awesome too, the Ashcrafts from Idaho. They are our mom and dad/grandma and grandpa here. Oh yeah - we got a lot of good investigators too. Two girls had their baptismal interview this Saturday and their baptism is this next Sunday, May 2. So yeah, I'm doing great. Language is still iffy. But I talk a lot and say as much as I can. Ano ang pinagkakaabalahn ninyo? I just learned that and I say that all the time. I want to learn how to ask why are you looking at me, cuz everyone is looking at me, mostly the kids and the ladies, the guys just say Hey Joe! or What's up man! So yeah. Mahal ko kayo. Ingat. Hangang sa muli. E. Pennock

No comments:

Post a Comment