Monday, April 19, 2010

First Transfer = New Comp & New Area

So my first transfer is over now. It went so fast! And now I am getting transferred to another area with a new comp. The members are so awesome. Especially when they give us food. =) Even some investigators give us food. Its great. For meals we eat rice and either fish or pork. It's good, masarap. And for snacks, like mangos, a lot of mangos, sweet potato, gabi (a kind of potato, I don't know if that's the right spelling, but that's masarap too).
I bought this sweet battery charger in Olongapo for 800 pesos. It's awesome, for AA and AAA and it came with AA batteries, great purchase =)
The kids are awesome. When they ask what my name is I say pare! (bro/dude). They are calling me that now. haha. Sweet. This one kid was telling me a story and I couldn't understand anything, just tapos, at tapos. (which means then and then) It was so funny. He was telling me a really long story too.
Earlier today we played basketball, just me and my comp cuz none of the young ment showedup. It was fun though. I started kickin and juggling the basketball and heading it in the hoop cuz I miss soccer.
Yeah Brianhead is so cool. That's awesome you guys are getting good.
I'm starting to see some things of how the Philippines are good for me. One thing is the filipino time - always 20 minutes late. I have been on filipino time my whole life =). And you would love this place Dad, everyone wears flipflops everywhere and eat mangos and it's awesome.
I was thinking this week how crazy our message really is. How Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ came to a 14 year old boy and restored his church by calling him as a prophet. Really crazy and hard to believe. But I know it's true.

1 comment:

  1. Zak- you sound so good! I'm really excited for you. I can just picture you listening to the little boy tell that long story, not understanding any of it, but smiling so big. Brings back memories.
    And yeah, our message does seem crazy. But, I know it is true too. God works in mysterious ways.
    Keep up the good work.
    We love you.

    ReplyDelete