Monday, March 29, 2010

March 22-28

kumusta kayo! Zone conference was this week. it was sweet! but very long though. we had to wake up early at 5 to take a bus all the way to Iba. It was awesome to see E. Davies again, my roommate from the mtc. He is doin great! and it was way cool to see E. Gillett again. It stinks he is leaving after this month. Time is starting to go by pretty fast, and I'm kind of getting used to the heat. I am still a little frustrated that I don't know the area or tagalog very well. The kids are totally awesome! One time I was passing by a bunch of kids that were playing in the river, and I said "Kumusta iyan?" (hows that?) and one boy replied "Masarap!" hahaha. It was way cool. And another time I was passing by a bunch of kids and they ran up to me and shook my hand over and over again and they were saying "Pare! Pare!" which means like Bro or dude. haha. The people here always yell "Hey Joe!" when they see me cuz I'm white. I don't mind.
We got two people to commit to a baptism date. The one is sister Roxznne Erise and she is way cool. It was totally sweet when she said she wanted to be baptized and be a member. I really learned then that the holy ghost and the book of mormon converts people, not us, cuz I don't even know tagalog. :) There was also this one 20 year old guy we met this week, Ferdinand. It was so cool. He is so interested and had so many questions, during our teaching of the restoration. He has been searching around many and he believes us. He even said "I think God has planned me to meet you. I think this is the way." During our lesson I couldn't even understand most of what was going on but I felt the same thing he said. He even asked if he could go to church. Way awesome. I'm doing great! The Philippines are sweet! Miss you. Mahal ko kayo! Elder Pennock

No comments:

Post a Comment