Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Call from Taiwan

Just got off the phone with Elder Pennock. He was in the Taiwan airport. It was 8am on the 10th. So weird because it was 4pm on the 9th here. He said while he was flying last night he thought "Oh boy, I'm going to a place they don't speak English". I think it's dawning on him. He also said he had some weird chicken thing for dinner with some green sauce on it. And for breakfast he ate an "omelet" but it was some egg puff with a slab of ham in it and on the side was some sausage potato hashbrown thing he wasn't quite sure about.
It was great to hear him and his excitement and enthusiasm. He also said that the airport in Taiwan looked like Hello Kitty. Bright pink everywhere. I told him to take a picture. He said he couldn't cause he packed his camera. I said "Who helped you pack". He said, "Some of my district". So, probably no pictures of the Hello Kitty airport. :(
Oh well. He said he mailed me some pictures in the boxes he sent home. So I'll try and put those on if possible.
He also said he gained 20 lbs in the MTC. That was his goal because he was told that he'd lose 20 once he got there. Since he didn't have 20 to lose, he needed to gain some! He said he was up to 160, but only one pair of pants were a little tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment