Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Feb 7-13, 2011

I'm in a whole new area! Crazy, I traveled from one end of the mission to the other end on Tuesday, with Elder Graven. We both came from Pangasinan all the way to Bataan. It was cool to see a few missionaries at the bus terminals along the way, who I haven't seen forever, but the trip was so long.
We left Alaminos, Pangasinan at 7am and got to Balanga, Bataan at around 4 pm. My new area is great, Cupang Ward in Balanga. Its a strong ward with high church attendance! So I am so excited to work in this ward and get to know the members and investigators.
We only worked in our area three days this week because my comp, being a zone leader, had a ZLC meeting in Olongapo. So when he was there I worked with the Balanga Elders in their area for two days. Which was way fun, and we found out one of their investigators, who has a baptismal date now, lives in Cupang. So we got a great new investigator with a baptismal date from the other elders. =)
So its way cool and exciting in my new area. There is for of us in our apartment, the Balanga elders, E. Cagayanan, and E. Schweikert, and me and my comp, E. Muliania. I met Muliaina up in Alaminos, we were there my first transfer in Bani, then he got transfered. He is Samoan from Australia and he is way coll. Elder Cahayanan is from Negros Occidental, Philippines and is still pretty new in the mission and he is awesome too. Then Elder Schweikert was born in California then moved to Florida, and he is 2 transfers ahead of me in the mission, and he is awesome as well.
On Sunday my comp had to go t another area so i got to go to the Balanga ward which was cool, then he came back and we attended our Bupang Ward. Because in Balanga there are 2 wards that Balanga ward is in the morning and the Cupang ward is in the afternoon. So at this point I know the Balanga ward just as much as I know my Cupang ward. :) haha
Then after church we had a meeting in Orion with other missionaries and the mission president. Then after that we had a ward family home evening at a less active member's house. We had a spiritual thought, lesson, games and some good soup, called Lugaw. So it's been one exciting, busy, tiring week. Totally different than my last area where we were in farmland. ;) Elder Pennock

No comments:

Post a Comment