Monday, February 28, 2011

Feb 21-28, 2011

The last week of February. Man time is goin by fast. I'm now close to a year in the Philippines. This week was pretty good. Taught a lot of investigators and less active members. We had a few rejections this week from some investigators saying they don't want to study anymore, or to come back when its vacation. Also only a couple of investigators are coming to church. Which is really sad, cuz the ward here is really strong and great. The speakers this Sunday were really good. One of them is preparing to serve a mission, he got his call and he is now just waiting for his visa. He is actually going to the California Arcadia Mission, so thats way awesome. He works with us pretty often and hopefully he will join us in personal and companionship study this week. He have a good talk on missionary work and preparation. He also said that his dad had been a great example for him even though he works abroad and isn't around a lot. But the little communication that they do have and his father's example of serving a mission helped him. So I was touched there and am thankful that my mom and dad have been/are there for me and have been such a big part in my life. So with good sacrament meetings like that I wish we had more investigators attend. That's what I want to focus on this week.
At one of our lessons, there is this kid who is really makulit (energetic), So I just kept him busy, he had a bunch of chocolate kisses that his mom gave him, the thing was he didn't want to eat them, he just wanted to unwrap them all. So he would unwrap them and then feed them to me :), I tried given him one, he put it in his mouth but then gave it back to me . . . I couldn't do anything with it so I just popped in in my mouth and ate it. =) So that was fun being fed chocolate kisses by an investigator's kid in a lesson. :)
One thing that's still struggling here with the church is good meetings where everyone shows up. We had a good meeting with the Ward Mission Leader at his house and then a good PEC meeting with the Bishop before church, but that is still missing a ton of people. Ah well.
Also this week was Zone Conference. So that was cool. Except, before conference we didn't have any water at our house, so the 6 of us missionaries went to a nearby member's house to shower and shave and everything. Which was an adventure. Also I got to work Sunday morning for the first time cuz our church is at 1:30pm. So I got to see everyone at their house hangin out, doing house chores, playing chess and everything because this is the only day they don't have work. I just wish they would give an hour or two to God and go to church, especially the investigators that we are teaching. So that was a little bit of an eye opener to me.
Also one more funny thing that happened this week was at one of our lessons, another investigator with a makulit kid, this one is maybe 2 years old. Well he likes to crawl and climb, and use mine and my comp's knees to stand up. And when he was standing holding onto my comp's knees he decided to pee, take a wee on my comp's shoes. His shoes are pretty nice too, leather. I just laughed, the investigator thought it was funny that I was laughing and she even laughed a little too. =) hahaha.
Well I think that is all for this week. Oh wait, we did splits two days this week. I was with Elder Cahayanan both times, once in his area and once in mine. So that was fun to work with him. Also I still don't really know my area well, so when I had to lead Elder Cagayanan in my area we were walkin around in circles. :) So the work is good, havin fun. Love you all. Miss you guys. Elder Pennock

No comments:

Post a Comment