Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Feb 1-6, 2011

After 10 1/2 months in Bani, I am now getting transfered. Just found out this morning. But before that my last week in Bani was pretty cool. One thing one of our investigators did made me and my comp laugh this week. She's a fairly new investigator, a born again, this would be our 3rd visit to her. But when we went to her house (which is right along the highway) she left a sign on the door saying in tagalog "Walang tao". Which basically means in english, "nobody's here". I don't think we'll go back to her. ;)
We are continuing to teach the kids and preparing them for baptism, they are really fun and really learning. They know how to pray now, about Joseph Smith and about the 5 steps to the gospel, faith, repentance, baptism, holy ghost, and endure to the end.
This fast and testimony meeting was really awesome. A lot of youth bore their testimonies and one of our investigators went to church for the first time. He said it was great. He is a part member and newly married. hopefully he will want to keep comin to church and listening more to the lessons.
Well that's pretty much it for this week. I got to say goodbye to the members here before i leave, so I don't have much time. I'll write to you next week about my new comp and area. Ingat Elder Pennock
tapos the pictures are me walkin through bukid and over bridges to our investigators. And two houses that look like they are cut in half, a lot of houses are like that here. haha










No comments:

Post a Comment