Monday, November 1, 2010

Oct 25-31

The last week of October. On Monday, we went to Alaminos City and Hundred Islands. We shopped with all the other elders in the mall and at the souvenir shops in Hundred Islands. I bought some nice shoes for meetings and a pair of white flip flops for baptisms. On Thursday we had special training in Santa Cruz again. It was fun to be with all of the other missionaries and to learn, but took up a whole day of work.
One crazy thing happened this week. I met a Filipino from California. He didn't know how to speak tagalog so I had to speak english to him. I couldn't do it for my life. I just tried to get to know him and share about the restoration. But is was so hard to do it in english. He was filipino and seemed like he should know how to speak tagalog.
Also on sunday we had a surprise visit by the mission president. He stopped by our house before church, and then attended our sacrament meeting. Us and the branch were so shocked and nervous. He spoke in church and then interviewed me and my companion. Then after church we had a baptism!!! A father and a son got baptized. I had the privilege of baptising them, and now they are a complete member family. So that was the highlight of the week.
Also just a little thing that happened this week was my birthday, on saturday. We went to a member's house, and she made a cake. There was only a few of us. We had a family home evening and then dinner and ate cake. On sunday all the members were mad at me because I didn't tell them it was my birthday. :)
That's pretty much it for this week. I love you all. Happy halloween. There is no Halloween here. This week families clean the grave of their family members that passed away and they visit them and sleep over on November 1. Interesting I know. I miss the costumes and the candy. =)
Yes nandito ako!! The mission president and his wife came by our house. Sister said one of my warts is too big to ignore any longer. After special training on Thursday I am goin to Olongapo to get it removed, like operation in a hospital. Its on my palm under my thumb. It's probably the mother. So when that dies the rest will.

No comments:

Post a Comment