Sunday, October 24, 2010

Oct.18 - 24

Well the first thing that happened this week, on Monday, while I was waiting to get some stuff laminated like my ministerial certificate, we were looking at some clothes next door, like a small thrift store. I noticed a pink Brigham Young University t-shirt. It was a nice one too. I just thought that came from a DI or something, from a nice member of the church. And now it was all the way in the Philippines in my area. So thanks to everyone who is donating clothes and things, they really go places. :)
The biggest thing that happened this week was a Baguio came by and we went to Alaminos with the other Elders. There was 8 of us in their apartment. It was a lot of fun. But we didn't get to work. We stayed their from monday night till wednesday morning. There was no electricity the whole time. But it was still fun. Then on wednesday we had Special training. There was workshops, and a testimony meeting and we practiced teaching and stuff.
What was really cool this week was two of our investigators a father and his son passed their baptism interview on Sunday. So they will get baptised next sunday. Also a lot more members and 4 investigators went to church this week. I was suprised that one inactive family went to church. They have been inactive for so long.
It was also fun this week that a lot of members worked with us. Thats pretty much it for this week. The word baguio means storm. A strong wind and rain storm came by. We all stayed in Alaminos, and there was no power, but good thing the weather was pretty cold. A few houses lost their roofs, and some huts got destroyed, and a lot of rice fields got destroyed too. Some places got flooded. But everything is alright here.
Havin alot of fun. Time is goin by fast. I am gonna be 20 after this week. I love you all. My english is getting worse, I tried to say a prayer in english because my companion wants to learn english, it was really hard, I didn't know how to say anything, my grammer was terrible.
Love Elder Pennock

No comments:

Post a Comment