Monday, October 11, 2010

Oct 4 - 10

Wow! What a new and great week this week. First it's October which means I'm goin to turn 20 this month. Crazy! I'm gettin old. The mission is goin by way fast.
Well on Tuesday it was transfer day. 2 Elders and 2 sisters from our zone got transferred. My companion, E. Westwood and the other Elder in my district E. Berueta. So for that day me and Elder Larson were companions, the 2 San Diego elders. It was cool. We hung out around the city and ate breakfast with the couple missionaries and the 2 sisters whose companions got transferred. Then me and Larson went shopping. I finally bought a new camera and some things we need for the apartment. Then we went to my apartment in Bani and we cleaned it up a little before my new comp would arrive. After that we returned to Alaminos and got our new comps.
My new comp is Elder Niar (bachwards is Rain) =) He is from Negros, Bacolod Philippines. He is way cool, pretty quiet like me actually, but a great missionary, he only has 3 months left in the mission (2 transfers). But he is great we have a lot of fun.
The work in Bani is goin great! We have some progressing and golden investigators. Sister Rose Cave went to church the first time last Sunday, I might have already told you about that actually, but she now has a baptism goal date.
Brother Joel Baleros is really searching and wanting to know all about the church, he went to church and attended the Sunday morning session of conference. He really likes the fruits and welfare system of the church and how modern and technologically advanced our church is. He actually said the reason he is not so sure about joining our church is because he doesn't think he can help out. So that was huge. He wants to know more about Joseph Smith and the Holy Ghost.
The Huellas family are really close to baptism as well. I so hope they choose to get baptized, they are such a great family.
Also The Humilde family, a part member family, we are teaching the father and the 10 year old son. They have a baptism date now for the end of October. When they get baptized it will be a whole great family preparing to get sealed in the temple.
The one thing that is great here is the members, that Elder Niar really enjoys. On Friday we went to a birthday party at one of the members' house. It was a lot of fun. Before I even got my food to eat, some of the youth slabbed cake frosting all over my face. They said I looked like Santa Clause. (I will send the pics next week to build the suspense).
To end the week was General Conference. It was awesome. From that I learned to be so grateful for my parents, the gospel, the savior, the church, the prophet and apostles and this opportunity to share these blessings in the Philippines.
Also for the Temples, the new temple in the Philippines is way close to my area in Bani Pangasinan. The new temple is goin to be in Urdaneta, Pangasinan. The next mission over but the same province. It is goin to be so great and a blessing for the members here. It will be way easier for them to attend the temple than to go way down to Manila.
Well I think that is pretty much it for this week. Love you all. Elder Pennock

No comments:

Post a Comment