Saturday, May 28, 2011

Letter dated May 2, 2011 to a Bro in my home ward

Dear Bro.
First of all thanks for your letter. Sorry it took me a while to write back, but I am having a great time on my mission and learning a lot. One thing I've learned is the importance of fulfilling church callings and home teaching, and I want to thank you for being a great home teacher and always visiting us.
The mission is a great experience. The language is not a problem anymore, and it feels so cool to understand and speak a new language. We don't have any vehicle, so we either walk or ride the Jeepneys or tricycle "taxis". The Philippines are great, a very beautiful country. The people are friendly and very content with what they have, which also brings challenges as a missionary. Its hard for them to change, and accept new things, and go out of their way or style. Family is extremely important to them, they have a lot of children and focus on working to support the family. Which also makes it hard for them to take time for the gospel. They are a very religious and faithful people in that they have strong faith and beliefs in God but do not know much or care to know about the Doctrine and Principles. They are a very relaxed, content, go with the flow kind of people.
I hope things back in San Marcos are great. I hope the ward is awesome. I just heard Pres. Haynie got called to be a seventy, which was amazing news. I hope you and your family are doing absolutely great, and you are continuing to help and serve the ward and others, and learn and grow in the gospel. I have learned and grown so much, and I know this church is true and that the gospel and God's plan are perfect. I've learned and enjoyed all the experiences from my mission, which you can and are invited to read about at elderpennock.blogspot.com which my mom is in charge of :)
Thanks again for the letter and everything.
Elder Pennock

No comments:

Post a Comment