Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dec 27, 2010 - Jan 3, 2011

The end and the beginning of a year, and the end and beginning of a transfer. My last companion, Elder Niar finished his mission and went home last week. We were together for 3 months, and we learned alot from each other. Now I have a new companion, Elder DelaCruz, who is really cool but very quiet as well. He has been in the field for 5 months more than me, so he goes home in July.
I am still in Bani, my second area. I have now been here 9 months. this January will be the 10th. But this first week of the transfer was really good. We have alot of new as well as progressing investigators. 3 of our investigators came to church and that was way cool to see. So I am excited for this transfer, my comp is a good missionary.
On Tuesday we waited for him all day at the terminal in Alaminos. I was there with all the other missionaries in Alaminos zone waiting for our companions. At 7 we were at the terminal, and when the other missionaries' companions arrived they left to work. But my comp came from the farthest point in the mission, Bataan, so he arrived 7 at night. So I was there with the Zone leaders 12 hours. Just watching and observing people and talking with the missionaries.
One thing I noticed was how many people here smoke. There was at least one or two people smoking all the time, and at one time I saw 6 people smoking. Absolutely nuts. I think it is more well known in the states that smoking is deadly to your health. But yeah 12 hours waiting, of course we had lunch and dinner, we left some missionaries at the terminal and the others ate. :) So that was an insane long day, also seeing the sun moving until sunset.
This week we also visited a lot of members, one of which, their house burned down because of fireworks. That's what they do here for New Years, have a ton of fireworks. Even little kids can buy fireworks. So on New Years Eve we had a hard time sleeping because of the fireworks, and two members came by and gave us food. :) The last member family came at 2:00am and woke us up, haha. It was cool.
So that is basically all that went on this week. Pretty exciting. And next week I will be a year out, half way done with my mission! Its goin by so fast. Love you all. Happy New Year! Elder Pennock

No comments:

Post a Comment