Friday, July 2, 2010

Week of June 28th

On Tuesday after district meeting we had lunch at Sis. Jane's, our laundry lady. There is 4 of us in our district, i Filipino and 3 Americans. We 3 Americanos ate dog. It wasn't bad. We also had good chicken too which the Filipino only ate. I am pretty sure that was the first time I ate dog.
On Wednesday we had a CSP at another elementary school in Alaminos. All of us missionaries and some leaders from the district cleaned and re-did a classroom. It was fun. We cleaned it, painted it, and put up chalkboards.
On Thursday we did district exchanges, Elder Berueta came down to Bani to work with me, and E. Westwood went up to Bolinao to work with E. Larson. It was cool. E. Berueta was brand new to the area so I really had to lead unlike the exchanges last time with E. Reyes. So I was talking a lot too. To the investigators and the members, I was surprised that I was having conversations with all of them and understanding. It was sweet!
On Friday we had interviews and a cooking challenge with the zone. In my interview, Pres said the key is the Book of Mormon. If the investigators don't want to listen any more, just commit them to read the Book of Mormon, then they will come to know the truth. So that was really good what he said. The cooking challenge was to cook a healthy meal in 10 min. Bani district cooked pakbet, and the 100 islands district cooked squash with eggs. The 100 islands dist. won cuz we bought our veggies precut. Then after interviews the assistants to the president went on splits and E. Erispe went with me and E. Westwood. It was awesome. E. Erispe is way cool.
Then on Friday we had a busy day. We dropped E. Erispe off in Alaminos then returned to Bani to clean the chairs at the church with some youth, then went up to the Bolinao for a baptism interview. Crazy morning cuz after that we went to work in Bani. But it was good, on the way up to Bolinao we rode an air conditioned bus, it was so nice.
This Sunday was fast and testimony. It was good, there were a lot of great testimonies and not much of a long break either as there usually is. :) A lot of great youth bore their testimonies.
Everything is goin good. I am gettin better in tagalog like I said earlier with the exchanges. And some things are getting easier to say in Tagalog than English so if you start seein some Tagalog in my writing or bad English. Sorry. =) Ingat. Mahal ko kayo. E. Pennock

1 comment:

  1. I love reading Zak's blog. It's my favorite- almost better than Cedar's! haha

    ReplyDelete